As a global, displaced person, Mikael Mikael deals in the series "Retreat" with an ideal type of accommodations and places to hide, temporary places of staying, disappearance and reappearance, e.g. house trailers, tree houses and foxholes etc. At Schloss Solitude he shows the work "Retreat #1" that consists of:
- Video "Retreat #1", DVD, 12:00 min
- Set of photographs "Retreat #1", Prints, 80 x 80cm
- Installation (tarpaulin with hanging) "Retreat #1", misc. plastics, ca. 160 x 180 cm
- Protective clothing "Retreat #1", showcase, ca. 200 x 60 cm
- Additionally Mikael Mikael shows extracts of the work "To White Out", a collection on protective clothing that deals with the aestetics of catastrophe and accordingly their visual strategies.
Akademie Schloss Solitude